Plugin WordPress / Gallery 3
The WordPress plugin “WordPress / Gallery 3″ embeds pictures and albums from an installation of Gallery3 in an article or a post. With this plugin, you will able to :
- use the insertion tool in your Edit Toolbar to help you select one or more Gallery 3 Images, Albums in your Blog Posts or WordPress Pages,
- display in the WordPress website the Images and Albums with Smoothgallery.
This plugin is a free program but you can make a donation to thanks for this development.
more Examples : click here.
Licence : GPLv3
- Gallery3 installation with REST API module enable
- PHP 5+
- PHP Json enabled
- PHP fopen enabled in order to open distant web pages allow_url_fopen=’on’ in the php.ini
- Extract the zip file and just drop the contents in the `wp-content/plugins/` directory of your WordPress installation
- Activate the plugin through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress
- Configure the plugin (… > …) and set up all options (refer to help on http://www.heiv.net/projets/plugin-wordpress-gallery-3/#configuration)
- Fully qualified domain name of the Gallery 3 website : address where you can find the home page of your Gallery3 website. For examples : http://mysite.com/gallery3/index.php or http://myothersite.com/gallery3
- Guest can query Gallery3 ? : If this checkbox is checked, then the plugin will send query in guest mode. You have to set up this guest accessin your Gallery3 configuration.
- User for querying Gallery 3 REST API : the login is sended in order to query a ticket from the Resful Gallery3 interface
- password for querying Gallery3 REST API : the password is sended query to the Resful Gallery3 interface. The password is not saved by the plugin !
- Default render for album
- Render for single image
- Cache time
In the editor, click on the Gallery3 button (you will see this picture , click on it !) and you will show a popup window which displays :
- page x : this popup window displays only 15 pictures on a “page”, so you can change for “page x+1″ in order to display more pictures
- directory pan (on the left side of the popup window) : allows you to browse (with double clicks on) the albums of your Gallery3 installation
- images pan : displays all images of the current albums
You can browse the albums with double click on a name of directory in the see directory pan).
If you single single click on a picture or an album, you will select the item, the background will turn to the rose color.
If you double click on a picture (or click on the + green button), you will add this picture for a custom album ; a thumbnail will be displayed below the directory and the images pans
Click on the submit button, the window popup will close and in the editor you will see something like (depends of the options you will set) :